The biggest issue that I find with drummers is that they are way too tense when they play. I see, more often than I'd like, that drummers have the hardest time out of the whole band with looking natural while they play. In my opinion here's why:
a) That's they way they taught themselves to play (I understand and have empathy for these)
b) They have watched drummers with poor technique throughout their experience
c) Just got tired and lazy
Now, the reason why I am so passionate about seeing drummers with good technique is no small deal. Why? Drumming (drum set specifically) is the most physically demanding instrument to play in most bands, and if you are doing it wrong you can SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR BODY.
Now here is THE BEST solution I have learned, and logically it is the best thing to do. Am I bragging. Nope. Truth is very confronting... Playing with a natural relaxed grip, and loose the noticeable tension.
Look at your hand. Doesn't it naturally seems to curl in on all on its own? That's what I mean by natural. Now, I am way over-simplifying this, but that's basically what I mean. More to come...
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment